Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sour Cream Pancakes #31


I love the tangyness of sour cream in recipes, which is weird since I don't like it by itself. I can't really imagine a sour cream taste with syrup. But hey, I'm willing to try anything once!

The case:
Ingredients:
1 cup sour cream
7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
butter
syrup

Directions:
1. Place a skillet or griddle on medium-low heat.
2. Place sour cream in a medium bowl. Dump in the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
3. Stir together very gently. Stop short of mixture being totally combined.
4. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
5. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the flour/sour cream mixture.
7. Stir mixture gently. Don't worry about the mixture being totally combined. A little white and yellow showing is fine.
8. Melt about a tablespoon of butter in skillet. Pour the batter into the skillet 1/4 cup at a time.
9. Cook pancakes and serve with butter and syrup.

The ruling:
These just might be the pancakes best I've ever had. I loved them! I loved the consistency. I loved the flavor. They're not your typical fluffy buttermilk style, which I also love, but these are great for something different. My only complaint was next time I need to double the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment