Salmon is my absolute favorite fish. If I'm eating fish, it's salmon 90% of the time. The main reason I was excited to try this recipe was the cooking method. Right now the only way I cook salmon is either on the grill or baking it in the oven. This recipe is broiled in the oven.
Lemon Thyme Salmon
Altered slightly from Jessica Seinfeld via The Can't Cook Book
- 4 lemons
- 24 sprigs Thyme
- 4, 6 oz boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the boiler with the rack 4 inches from the top.
- Slice the lemons. Arrange on a rimmed backing sheet in 4 sections. Wash and dry the thyme. Place thyme over lemons.
- Lay each salmon fillet on a bed of thyme and lemon. Tuck the thyme under the salmon so it doesn't burn.
- Drizzle the olive oil and rub to coat salmon fillets. Sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
- Broil for 7-8 minutes, until top is golden brown and salmon flakes easily with a fork.
This salmon was perfectly cooked. Besides grilling, this just might be my new favorite way to bake salmon. It didn't get dried out like I feel it usually does when I bake it. The only thing I will change next time is the seasonings. I simply think it needs more on top. Make sure you squeeze some lemon over this! It adds volumes of flavor.
Check out my favorite salmon flavoring ever: Dill Cedar Plank Salmon. I bake it in the oven as well and the flavor is out of this world. I can't wait to try it with this broiling method!
Rating: 4 stars
Make agin? Absolutely, but with different seasonings.