- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Layer chicken, mushrooms, and bacon on bottom of 8x8 casserole dish.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, Italian seasoning, half-and-half and Parmesan cheese. Cook over medium low until combined. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Panko breadcrumbs over sauce and bake for 25-30 minutes.
This is officially my favorite dish I've made this year. Not only will this be a regular here, it will be an often! It has the simplicity of an easy casserole, but the mushroom soup combined with fresh ingredients makes this much more elegant and tasty.