Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chicken, Bacon, and Mushroom Casserole #20

In an effort to save money, I'm trying to use ingredients we already have and buying as little as possible.  This recipe is the result of a couple of different recipes.  I used the ingredients I had and also what I thought would taste best.  I'm putting what I did to make it easier.

The case:
Ingredients:
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1-3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 4-5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Layer chicken, mushrooms, and bacon on bottom of 8x8 casserole dish.  
  3. Melt butter in medium saucepan.  Add garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, Italian seasoning, half-and-half and Parmesan cheese.  Cook over medium low until combined.  Pour mixture over chicken.
  4. Sprinkle mozzarella and Panko breadcrumbs over sauce and bake for 25-30 minutes.

Ruling:
This is officially my favorite dish I've made this year.  Not only will this be a regular here, it will be an often!  It has the simplicity of an easy casserole, but the mushroom soup combined with fresh ingredients makes this much more elegant and tasty.


1 comment: