Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mushrooms au Gratin #16

This is another one of Kittencal's recipes from Food.com.  I love mushrooms and I love all these ingredients by themselves, but I'm not sure how they're going to turn out together.  The recipe has great reviews so I'm going to give it a whirl!

The case:
Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup butter ( 4 tablespoons)
  • 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced 
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced ( optional or adjust to taste, I most always add in) 
  • 2/3 cup sour cream 
  • salt and pepper ( I use seasoned salt) 
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( or to taste, Swiss also works well)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Grease a shallow baking dish.
  3. In a medium skillet saute the sliced mushrooms with butter over medium-high heat (if using garlic add in with the mushrooms).
  4. In a small bowl, blend together sour cream, salt, pepper and flour.
  5. Add mixture to the mushrooms in the pan.
  6. Heat until JUST beginning to boil.
  7. Transfer to a baking dish.
  8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and cheese.
  9. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.


The ruling:
I loved this!  Now I love mushrooms, if you're not a mushroom fan, you probably won't like this.  It's very mushroomy.  I used portabellas and added a few dashes of soy sauce to the butter to flavor the mushrooms.  I will make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment