- 1/4 cup butter ( 4 tablespoons)
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced ( optional or adjust to taste, I most always add in)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper ( I use seasoned salt)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( or to taste, Swiss also works well)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a shallow baking dish.
- In a medium skillet saute the sliced mushrooms with butter over medium-high heat (if using garlic add in with the mushrooms).
- In a small bowl, blend together sour cream, salt, pepper and flour.
- Add mixture to the mushrooms in the pan.
- Heat until JUST beginning to boil.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and cheese.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
I loved this! Now I love mushrooms, if you're not a mushroom fan, you probably won't like this. It's very mushroomy. I used portabellas and added a few dashes of soy sauce to the butter to flavor the mushrooms. I will make this again.