Thursday, May 5, 2011

No Yeast Pizza Dough and Exquisite Pizza Sauce #14 & #15

I am absolutely determined to learn how to make a good homemade pizza- both sauce and crust.  This is my first try at both.  The pizza dough is from cooks.com.  I obviously need to buy some yeast because it was almost impossible for me to find a pizza crust recipe without it.  The sauce is from Allrecipes.  It isn't exactly completely homemade but it isn't out of a jar either.   

The case for Pizza Dough:
2 1/2 c. flour
2 3/4 tsp. baking powder (if using baking soda use half and omit salt)
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. oil
3/4 to 1 c. water
Mix dry ingredients. add 3/4 cup water and oil. Stir until it forms a ball. If dough is stiff, add more water.The dough will be soft, not sticky. Knead on a floured surface for 3-4 minutes.
Bake at 400°F for 15-25 minutes.

The case for Pizza Sauce:

Ingredients
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
salt to taste

Directions
In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, anchovy paste, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese.
Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.


The results:
Obviously I need to get some yeast because this crust wasn't anything to brag about.  It wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't want to eat it again.  Now the sauce was a different story.  It was hard for me to really tell since I had such issues with the crust, but I always have all the ingredients in my pantry to make this.  I will definitely use it again.

1 comment:

  1. thank u I was going to try to make the pizza crust recipe from cooks.com but I wasn't sure. thanks you for the warning =)

    ReplyDelete