There are many versions of this recipe at AllRecipes.com. They have many different titles and there are several ways to make it, but each one has lots of great reviews! The ingredients sound a bit strange to me, but I have to trust thousands of people.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1/8 cup margarine
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.
- Serve over your favorite rice or noodles.
I only used 3 chicken breasts and used butter instead of margarine, but followed the rest of the recipe exactly. I thought the chicken to sauce ratio was perfect! I served it over egg noodles, but any kind of pasta or rice would do. This is so easy to make low fat- just use fat free or low fat ingredients. I know some reviews said they throw everything in their Crock Pot in the morning, but if you do that you're going to lose the great flavor and consistency of the chicken. Cubing the chicken and putting so little liquid in the Crock Pot not only makes it flavorful, but browns it just a bit like it was cooked on the stove or grilled. 30 minutes was the perfect amount of time for the cream of chicken and the cream cheese to become a perfect consistency. I will be making this again and again!