- 1 sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1 (5-ounce) container crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 large tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 500 F. Line a small rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, blue cheese, bacon, and green onions. Add the butter, stirring to mix well.
- Place the tomatoes, cut sides up, on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the tomato halves evenly with the salt and pepper. Divide the cracker mixture evenly among the tomato halves.
- Broil 5 inches from the heat with the oven door cracked open until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
Delicious! Paula has another winner. I could eat these as my meal alone! I think this combination of ingredients would be wonderful in a stuffed chicken breast. I'll have to try that soon!