Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chicken with Herbed Goat Cheese #25

This is another Ina Garten recipe.  I've recently learned how much I love goat cheese, but essentially have no recipes to make with it.  I thought this recipe looked elegant, yet very simple when I saw it on Ina's show.  I got online and decided to make it after I saw all the glowing reviews.

The case:


Ingredients
3 whole (6 split) chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
12 ounces Montrachet goat cheese, with garlic and herbs
Fresh basil leaves
Good olive oil
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet. Loosen the skin from the meat with your fingers, leaving one side attached.. 
  3. Cut 12 thick slices of the Montrachet and place 2 slices plus a large basil leaf under the skin of each chicken breast. Rub each piece with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. 
  4. Bake the breasts for 35 to 40 minutes, until just cooked through. Serve hot or at room temperature.


The ruling:
After reading some of the reviews, I decided to sprinkle the herb mixture Herbs de Provience over the top.  We really enjoyed this chicken.  I couldn't believe how much flavor and how juicy the meat was. The star of this dish is definitely the herbed goat cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment