1 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup honey
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
12 slices bacon, cooked
3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- With an electric mixer combine the mustard, honey, and 1 Tbsp oil, and lemon juice for 1 minute.
- Pour 1/2 mixture over chicken in a gallon ziplock to marinate in fridge 2-24 hours. Chill remaining marinade to serve with chicken.
- After marinating chicken, preheat oven to 375°F Put remaining oil in frying pan. Heat and sear chicken on both sides. Cook until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Transfer chicken to oven safe pan and brush with marinade.
- Meanwhile in frying pan add butter and saute mushrooms.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and peppers.
- Stack bacon across each breast, spoon mushrooms on each breast and then approx 1/3- 1/2 cup cheese on each.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
I don't know if I can come up with a word that truly describes how much I loved this chicken. The sauce poured over it is the kicker. This chicken would be really good cooked on the grill instead of the stove top. Now, I want to go to Outback so I can compare the two!