Friday, February 12, 2010
Chicken Pasta Milano #22
I wanted to kick up Valentine's Day weekend up a notch and cook some fun, fancier recipes. Here is the first one.
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
* 1 cup chicken broth, divided
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons basil
* 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
2. Add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute.
3. Add tomatoes and 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
4. Increase heat to medium and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
6. Add cream and bring to a boil again, stirring frequently.
7. Simmer over medium heat until sauce is thick.
8. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of chicken.
9. Heat the olive oil in a skillet, then add chicken and saute until chicken is no longer pink inside.
10.(About 4 minutes each side should do it.) Remove chicken from skillet, drain fat from skillet.
11. In the same skillet, stir 1/4 cup chicken broth with the pan juices, and bring to a boil; reduce slightly and add to the cream sauce; stir in basil.
12. Serve chicken atop the pasta, coat with the cream sauce.
This is decent. Not at the top of the pasta recipes I've tried. I added Parmesan, salt, and pepper to the sauce and that helped. I loved the chicken! (I added onion and garlic powder before cooking.) On the other hand, Michael really liked it, but I probably won't be making it again.