Monday, February 15, 2010

Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce #27


I'm really stepping outside of my comfort zone today. This was supposed to be our Valentine's Day dinner, but I got lazy and made that soup instead.

The case:
Ingredients
* 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
* 1/2 cup prepared mustard
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
* 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
* 2 teaspoons dried dill, or to taste

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, stir together mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in thyme, oregano, and basil. Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet, and spread with the mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with dill weed.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the salmon is easily flaked with a fork.

The ruling:
I made this with all dried herbs and put the juice from half a squeezed lemon in the mayonnaise mixture. I just can't eat fish without citrus. This was not my favorite the way it was cooked, but I want to try it again because I think it has good potential. I got this off of allrecipes.com and several reviews suggested using a cup of plain yogurt and 1/2 cup mayo. One person also recommended seasoning the salmon with salt and lemon juice first. I want to try it with these changes. Plus put the dill on the salmon instead of on top of the cream. The flavors were good, but the cream was a little heavy and the flavor didn't seep down into the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment