Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cheeseball #19


One of the teachers I worked with in Knoxville used to make this for special occasions. It was always one of my favorites. I've never shaped a cheese ball before. Hope this turns out like hers!

The case:

Ingredients
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
* 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Directions
1. In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.

The ruling:
Not the easiest to make, but not the hardest either. Most of my super bowl part peeps really liked this. I think this looks fancier than it is. I will make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment