Thursday, February 4, 2010

Maple Salmon #16


Thawed out salmon earlier this week without really having a plan for it. This was the top baked salmon recipe on allrecipes.com, and I just happened to have all the ingredients so I figured I would try it!

The case:
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound salmon

1. In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
2. Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.

The ruling:
This just wasn't my flavor. I am very picky about fish and basically only like it with a major citrus influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment