Sunday, February 7, 2010

Betty White's Chicken Wings #17


This is one out of four new recipes I'm trying out for the Super Bowl!

The case:
Ingredients
* 3 lbs chicken wings (use the plumpest chicken wings you can find)
* 1/2 cup margarine or butter
* 1 cup soy sauce
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 3/4 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
* 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)

Directions
1. Arrange wings in shallow baking pan.
2. Heat butter, soy sauce, sugar, water mustard and garlic powder if using, until butter and sugar melt.
3. Cool; pour over wings and marinate at least 2 hours, turning once or twice.
4. Bake in same pan at 375F for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, turning occasionally. (Use the plumpest chicken wings you can find; if your market only has the normal scrawny ones, don't cook longer than 75 minutes)
5. Drain on paper towels and serve.

The ruling:
One of my friends declared these her favorite wings she'd ever had. I agreed they were very good. I will make these again. I will probably pour some of the sauce out next time. I feel they will caramelize better.

No comments:

Post a Comment