Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sopaipilla Bars

As many of you know, I don't exactly have a sweet tooth.  Don't get me wrong, there are desserts that I love, but in general, I like more salty and savory foods.  I would much rather have an appetizer at a restaurant than I would dessert.  With that said, this richly delicious little concoction, is one of my favorite dessert recipes.  I got it from my mother-in-law last Christmas and have been making it ever since!

Ingredients:

· 2- 8 oz crescent rolls
· 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
· 1 ½ cups sugar divided
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· ½ cup butter melted

Directions:
1. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with Pam. Press one tube of crescent rolls onto bottom of pan.
2. Combine cream cheese, one cup of sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture over crescents.
3. Lay down second tube of crescents.
4. Combine ½ cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over layers. Drizzle butter over top. Bake 25-30 minutes. Let cool before serving.

Printable Sopaipilla Bar Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment