Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rice Krispy Treats

Okay, I know you're wondering why I am am posting a Rice Krispy treats recipe.  Everyone has the recipe, right?  No.  My mom really didn't start cooking until she was an empty nester, but one thing she could do better than anyone else, was make Rice Krispy Treats.  She didn't have a recipe.  She just knew how to make it the best.  After going off to college, I finally made her figure out a recipe.  For a wedding gift, she gave me a appetizer cookbook/scrapbook with her infamous Rice Krispy Treat recipe. 
Ingredients:
1 stick plus 2 Tbsp butter
2 bags of mini marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies

Dircetions:
Melt butter on low heat.  Add marshmallows and melt stirring often.  Mix in Rice Krispies well.  Spray 1 large and 1 small Pyrex dish with cooking spray.  Spray cooking spray on your hands.  Pour mix in dishes and flatten down with your hands.  Refrigerate for about an hour.  Cut and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment