Sunday, May 9, 2010

Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes #65

I got this from one of my favorite cooking blogs: http://plainchicken.blogspot.com/  I've printed off several recipes from there, but this is the first one I've actually tried. 

The case:
Ingredients:
2 large potatoes, scrubbed
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp salt
4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Slice potatoes into very thin slices (1/4 inch). big ziploc bag to coat the potatoes. Toss potatoes with olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt in a ziplock bag to coat. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 450 for 15 -20 minutes, until lightly brown. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.

The ruling:
According to the blogger's directions, I slice my potatoes very thin.  I used my mandolin for the first time!!  (It was a wedding gift)  Well, I actually think they were sliced a little too thin.  These were pretty good.  I would make them again and just slice them myself. I only had to cook these 15 minutes and then about 3 more with the cheese.

Printable Crispy Parmesan Potatoes Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment