Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pasta Carbonara #63

Once upon a time, I thought pasta (well pasta sauces) would be the hardest things to make.  Early on in my marriage I found a fettuccine alfredo recipe on allrecipes.com.  About a year later I finally made it and I still do today.   I just couldn't believe that amazing sauce in the restaurants was simply made from cream, butter, and cheese.  Now, pasta is one of my favorite dishes to make at home.  One pot meals always make life easier, plus it's really hard to mess up!

The case:

Ingredients
1/2 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
4 eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup heavy cream at room temperature
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
16 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup chopped parsley
ground black pepper to taste

Directions
Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
In medium bowl beat together eggs and cream just until blended. Stir in cheese and set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan. Toss with butter until it is melted. Add bacon and cheese mixture and toss gently until mixed.

The ruling:
Oh my!  This is officially my 2nd.... maybe even tied for first... favorite pasta recipe.  I've never made anything like this before, and I have to admit I felt a little funny about pouring the raw eggs over the noodles.  I checked the directions twice to make sure you weren't supposed to cook it anymore, but as far as I can tell everything is completely cooked!  This was so simple and quick.  I'm amazed at the amount of flavor.  I added salt and freshly shaved Parmesan cheese on top.  Try this!

Printable Version

No comments:

Post a Comment