Saturday, January 16, 2010

Penne with Creamy Garlic Sauce #7 1-16-10


One of my favorite things is the world is pasta with cream sauce!

The case:

Ingredients
1 (1 lb) package penne rigate
2 tablespoons butter (I also add 2 tbsp olive oil)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup chicken or beef broth
3/4 cup milk or light cream
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I use more)

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter; add garlic (I add the extra olive oil now).
3. Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
4. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in broth and milk or cream.
6. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce boils and thickens.
7. Add parsley, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
8. Toss hot pasta with sauce; serve immediately.

The ruling:
I put a lot more Parmesan than this called for. I also had cheaper cheese, so I'm sure this would be dynamite with better quality cheese. Nonetheless, this was still delicious! It was especially good with the balsamic juice from the chicken. A perfect quick side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment