Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Buffalo Chicken Pizza #5 1-12-10
Is it bad that I thought about this pizza all day? I know, but I just love buffalo chicken ranch pizza. And since this chicken is so good anyway, I just know this pizza is going to be awesome. I'm actually going to a friend's house for dinner and Bunco tonight. So, if its good I'll just have to restrain myself and just let this be an afternoon snack.
* 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and cubed
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 (2 ounce) bottle hot sauce
* 1 (8 ounce) bottle blue cheese salad dressing
* 1 (16 inch) prepared pizza crust
* 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl combine the cubed chicken, melted butter and hot sauce. Mix well. Spread whole bottle of salad dressing over crust, then top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
3. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 5 to 10 minutes. Let set a few minutes before slicing, and serve.
Made this with a refrigerated Pillsbury crust and put both cheddar and mozzarella cheese on it. My friend makes hers using both ranch and pizza sauce as the sauce, so I did half this way and half with just ranch. Next time I'll add more chicken, but besides that I love this pizza. It will be a new regular in our household. I definitely had to use restraint. I could've eaten the whole thing. It took me a while to decide which side I liked better. I honestly think I liked the variety of the half with just ranch and half with ranch and tomato sauce. But if I had to choose it would be just ranch. I told my husband to pick up another pizza crust on the way home tonight. I'll be making another one tomorrow when I can actually eat it!