Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pizza #5 1-12-10


Is it bad that I thought about this pizza all day? I know, but I just love buffalo chicken ranch pizza. And since this chicken is so good anyway, I just know this pizza is going to be awesome. I'm actually going to a friend's house for dinner and Bunco tonight. So, if its good I'll just have to restrain myself and just let this be an afternoon snack.

The case:
Ingredients
* 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and cubed
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 (2 ounce) bottle hot sauce
* 1 (8 ounce) bottle blue cheese salad dressing
* 1 (16 inch) prepared pizza crust
* 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl combine the cubed chicken, melted butter and hot sauce. Mix well. Spread whole bottle of salad dressing over crust, then top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
3. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 5 to 10 minutes. Let set a few minutes before slicing, and serve.

The ruling:
Made this with a refrigerated Pillsbury crust and put both cheddar and mozzarella cheese on it. My friend makes hers using both ranch and pizza sauce as the sauce, so I did half this way and half with just ranch. Next time I'll add more chicken, but besides that I love this pizza. It will be a new regular in our household. I definitely had to use restraint. I could've eaten the whole thing. It took me a while to decide which side I liked better. I honestly think I liked the variety of the half with just ranch and half with ranch and tomato sauce. But if I had to choose it would be just ranch. I told my husband to pick up another pizza crust on the way home tonight. I'll be making another one tomorrow when I can actually eat it!

1 comment:

  1. I saw your comment on one of my blogs earlier, I didn't know you had one too! I just sat here and read the whole thing. I absolutely love to cook too, and reading your take on things is quite amusing! A recipe club (I think that's what you called it) sounds like fun!

    Also, thanks. I'm trying my hardest to not let watching my mother's body wear out get to me too much... the biggest reason I started my blog in the first place. It makes me pay attention to the good things, even on really sucky days. :)

    I hope you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete