Saturday, January 16, 2010
Balsamic Chicken #6 1-16-10
This is the first time I've ever used balsamic vinegar. My in-laws always use it on salads and there my favorite, but of course no store around here carries the good (expensive kind). So I finally bought some over Christmas while I was shopping in the big city!
* 4 chicken breast halves, bone in
* 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees.
2. Arrange the chicken bone side down in a 9-by-13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
3. Pour the vinegar over them and sprinkle evenly with the oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
4. Bake the chicken 20 minutes and baste with the vinegar juices.
5. Bake 20 minutes more (depending the size of breast) or until juices run clear.
6. Serve chicken with juices spooned over them.
I added minced garlic to the juice and then boiled the leftover juice in the pan with cornstarch to make a glaze to pour over chicken. The chicken was very tangy- and that's a good thing! I will make this again.