Monday, January 18, 2010

Cheesy Mexican Rice #11


I happened to have all the ingredients in my pantry to make this, and I thought it would be the perfect side dish to the chicken enchiladas!

The case:
Ingredients
* 2 cups cooked rice
* 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
* 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
* 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* extra shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions
1. Mix together first 8 ingredients.
2. Spoon mixture into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
3. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
4. Top with cheese.
5. Bake an additional 5 minutes.

The ruling:
I used brown rice- cooked it in the rice cooker I got for Christmas! I love that thing! If you cook rice a lot its a must! Instead of cream of celery I used cream of chicken. This was okay. Micheal liked it more than I did. It was a strange flavor- sorta spicy, tangy, and mushy. I probably won't make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment