Friday, January 8, 2010

Potato Soup #1 1-8-09


I've been sick all week so I haven't gotten to start on my "resolution" yet- any of them, but I am officially trying my cousin Melanie's potato soup tonight. I made a cookbook for my family members for Christmas and this was one of the recipes in it.

The case:
Ingredients:
- Small onion
- 8 medium potatoes; cut into bite sized chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 jars Ragu double cheese sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream

Directions:
1. In a large soup pot, cook onions in bacon grease. Add chunked potatoes in pot and cover with water. Add salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Cook until potatoes are done.
2. Add cheese mixture to potatoes and cook until flavors are well blended, about 30 minutes on low heat; stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Serve with bacon bits and chives.

The ruling:
This soup initially had a strong oniony flavor, so I added a packet of ranch seasonings to tone it down. Well then it just tasted rancy oniony. Plus I think I put too much water in it to begin with so all in all it ended up a bit runny.

No comments:

Post a Comment