This is the simplest, yet one of the most delicious chicken recipes I have. I was actually out of Italian breadcrumbs, so I used Panko mixed with Italian seasonings.
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
6 ounces tomato basil feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of waxed paper. Gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove wax paper.
3. Place 1 ounce of feta cheese in the center of each chicken breast, and fold in half.
4. Roll chicken in bread crumbs.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.