Friday, July 2, 2010

Bacon Cream Cheese Crescents #74

I get about 5 cooking magazines in the mail.  I always cut out the recipes and "scrapbook" them into categories, but I rarely open that notebook.   My new goal is to make at least one recipe from each magazine I get in the mail, you know put those subscriptions to good use.  This is from Kraft's Food and Family Magazine. 

The case:
Ingredients:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
1/3 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp. milk
2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

Directions:
HEAT oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients except crescent dough.
SEPARATE each can of dough into 4 rectangles; press perforations together to seal. Spread each rectangle with 2 rounded Tbsp. cream cheese mixture, then cut into 12 wedges. (I cut each rectangle in half and then cut each half into 2 triangles making 8 wedges)  Roll up wedges, starting at short ends. Place, seam-sides down, on greased baking sheet.
BAKE 12 to 15 min. or until golden brown. Serve warm.

The ruling:
If you don't already have all these ingredients in your fridge, go out and buy them!  They are amazingly wonderful!  I think the list of filling ingredients alone is enough to make my heart swoon.  I am going to try this same filling in mushrooms.  Oh my... I just might eat the whole batch before Michael gets home.  Just kidding.... I hope.

2 comments:

  1. I've made these for years! And brought them to your house!! I want some now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but yours had the onions so I wouldn't eat them

    ReplyDelete