Monday, July 12, 2010

Cinnamon Roll Pizza #80

I just love the internet.  I love sharing recipes and reading other people's recipes.  I would do anything to find a way to do this stuff full time.   The Picky Palate is one of my absolute favorite food blogs.  As many of you probably know, I can be a picky eater.  Her slogan is to "dress up" family recipes so that even the pickiest eater will enjoy it.  This is my theory also, I like things plainer than most people, but I still want to have stand out flavor of all ingredients.  As soon as I saw the post for cinnamon roll pizza, I knew I couldn't go another day without trying it!  Okay that is really sad, but it's also true....

The case:
Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
13 oz pizza dough of choice
4 Tablespoons room temperature butter
1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 Cup powdered sugar
4-5 Tablespoons heavy cream

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray pizza pan with cooking spray and layer  with butter cubes and brown sugar.
 2.  Gently place dough into pan over butter and brown sugar then spread butter over tops of dough.
 3.  Layer with brown sugar and cinnamon.
 4.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pizza crust is cooked through.  Let cool for 10 minutes or until butter and brown sugar have set.  (This part is torture!) Cut into wedges.
5.  Place powdered sugar and cream into mixing bowl and stir until smooth.  Drizzle over warm slices of pizza and serve.

The ruling:
I am officially 80% of the way to my goal, and out of those 80 new recipes I've tried in 2010, this is my favorite!  It is yummy, delicious goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment