Saturday, July 3, 2010

Grilled Corn #78

I think I have just about the most stressful job for 9 months out of the year, but for one week in the fall and spring, 2 weeks at Christmas, and 2 months during the summer it is truly the greatest job in the world!  Since school let out I've went from 3 hours available on my DVR to 90-something.  Opps...  Anyways, the majority of the huge items I've been deleting are all the saved shows off Food Network.  I've watched the parts of the shows that I wanted to watch, added the recipes I want to try to by Foodnetwork.com recipe box, and deleted the shows.  So, it isn't like I've actually watched all 90 hours.  I just watched parts of a lot of those hours.   This corn is from one of the Neely shows I deleted.

The case:
Ingredients
4 ears sweet corn, husked and silks removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
Seasoning salt, recipe from Grilled Sweet and Tangy Pork chops
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 lime, juiced, plus 1 lime, quartered, for garnish
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup crumbled feta

Directions
1.  Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
2.  Rub the corn with olive oil and season with seasoning salt, to taste. Grill the corn until it's charred, on all sides, rotating for about 10 minutes.
3.  Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise, chili powder, cayenne, lime juice and salt and pepper, to taste, together in a small bowl. Remove the corn from the grill and brush the hot corn with the mayonnaise mixture. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Serve with lime wedges on the side.

The ruling:
I loved the corn grilled with the seasoned salt on it, but the actual mayo-mixture didn't do anything for me.  Michael and several members of the Greer family enjoyed the mayo-mixture, but I don't think any of us felt the Feta added anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment