Saturday, July 3, 2010

Marinated Chicken #77

One of my daily internet rituals is to browse the daily recipes on Allrecipes.  This marinade was one of the recent daily recipes.  I love good grilled/broiled chicken but have trouble finding a recipe to keep it moist.  I'm very picky about dry chicken.  I'm not sure if its the recipes I'm trying or my cooking method but more often than not, my chicken ends up dry.

The case:

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced fresh parsley

Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir in mustard powder, salt, pepper, and parsley. Use to marinate chicken before cooking as desired. The longer you marinate, the more flavor it will have.
The ruling:
This is my new favorite chicken marinade!  It was delicious, and I have a feeling it would be really good with vegetables too.  I only put in 1 teaspoon of dry mustard because usually the taste is too strong for me, but I really didn't taste it at all.  All I had were chicken tenders, but I'm sure it would be even better with chicken on the bone.  My brother-in-law was the one who actually cooked it.  We're going to have to make it again soon to see if we can make it just as tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment