Monday, April 19, 2010

Sauteed Apples #54

 I love these apples at Cracker Barrel.  I'm making these for a cookout, but only serving them if they turn out good.

The case:
Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
4 large tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions
In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are almost tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.
Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and serve warm.

The ruling:
Per others' reviews, I added one teaspoon of vanilla and more cinnamon to these.  I love them- so good and tender.  They are just as delicious as any I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment