Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fried Rice



I love, love, love fried rice. I have tried making it before, and it has always been pretty good. This is the first time I've ever used a recipe for it. I had to have something to go with my Bourbon Chicken! This and the Bourbon Chicken came from my second favorite cooking site recipezaar.com.

The case:

Ingredients
* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
* 2 cups rice, prepared and cooled
* 1/2 cup cooked pork (optional) or cooked shrimp (optional) or cooked chicken (optional)
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup cooked peas (optional)

Directions
1. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet or wok.
2. Scramble eggs in butter, breaking up the cooked eggs into small pieces.
3. Set aside.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet or wok.
5. Saute onions and/or green peppers in butter for 3 minutes.
6. Combine eggs, onions, rice, and meat.
7. Stir in soy sauce until color of rice is uniform.
8. Stir in peas.
9. Heat only until warm.

The ruling:
I didn't add any extra meat or the peas. I added teriyaki sauce at the end for more flavor. It really enhanced this dish. This was really good, but still not as good as Japanese restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment