Thursday, December 31, 2009
Bourbon Chicken 12-31-09
Happy New Year's Eve! I love Chinese food. This is my first attempt at making any. We'll see how it turns out.
* 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
* 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon ginger
* 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/4 cup apple juice
* 1/3 cup light brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons ketchup
* 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
1. Heat oil in a large skillet.
2. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
3. Remove chicken.
4. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
5. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.
This is absolutely delicious! I added cornstarch at the end of the cooking to thicken the sauce, and cooked for an additional 5 minutes. Served over fried rice. My husband just kept saying wow over and over. This is definitely a keeper!