Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Crock Pot Honey Hot Wings #70

After reading 4 hot wing recipes, I have made up my own.  I had wings in the fridge and was craving something sweet, but spicy.  I didn't feel like frying, so I pretty much made up this on the whim!  I love, love my crock pot.  It is amazingly simple to use and there is hardly any clean up.  I have no idea how these are going to turn out, but I can't wait to see.

The case:
Ingredients:
  • 20 winglettes
  • salt
  • pepper
  • cayenne pepper
  • garlic powder
  • 1 cup hot sauce
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup honey
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions:
  1. Sprinkle both sides of wings with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
  2. Broil wings for 5 minutes on each side.
  3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine butter with honey, hot sauce, and garlic.
  4. Place hot wings in bottom of crock pot and pour sauce over.  Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.

The ruling:
I thought these were really good.  Are they the best wings ever? No, but they are still really good!  And so easy.  I would make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment