Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad

I have been so crazy recently. I don't think I've tried a new recipe all month, which is unbelievable compared to how the beginning of the year was going! So, my goal is to get back into it ASAP.

Anyways, today I had some friends from North (the school I teach at) over for a book club meeting. I made a couple of oldies but goodies. The first is Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb rotini pasta, tri-colored or regular
  • 8 slices bacon
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 package dry ranch salad dressing mix
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
  • 1/2 cup milk, or as needed
  • 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut into halves or fourths
  • 1 can sliced black olives (optional, I don't use)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar
Directions:
  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Cook pasta according to directions.
  2. Cook bacon and chop.
  3. Wash grapes and chop.
  4. Mix mayonnaise, ranch, garlic powder, garlic pepper.  Stir in milk.
  5. Place pasta, tomatoes, and bacon in a large bowl; toss.  Gently stir in ranch mixture.  Cover and chill at least 1 hour.  Toss with additional milk if salad seems a little dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment