Anyways, today I had some friends from North (the school I teach at) over for a book club meeting. I made a couple of oldies but goodies. The first is Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad.
- 1 lb rotini pasta, tri-colored or regular
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1/2 cup milk, or as needed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut into halves or fourths
- 1 can sliced black olives (optional, I don't use)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions.
- Cook bacon and chop.
- Wash grapes and chop.
- Mix mayonnaise, ranch, garlic powder, garlic pepper. Stir in milk.
- Place pasta, tomatoes, and bacon in a large bowl; toss. Gently stir in ranch mixture. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Toss with additional milk if salad seems a little dry.