The thing that truly makes this chili perfect for me is that I put several of the ingredients into the food processor before adding. I know I'm weird, but usually I enjoy the tastes of things but don't like the texture. Feel free to put the Rotel and beans in whole if you're not a weirdo like me! But this is a smart way to sneak in different foods for kids!
Frito Pie Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 can Rotel (I put in food processor first)
- 1 can (12-14 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t ground oregano
- 1/2 t cumin
- 2 T chili powder
- 2 cans beans (I use chili and process in food processor first)
- 1/8 cup cold water
- 1 T corn starch
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- In a medium pot, brown beef and pork over medium heat. Drain and return meat to pot.
- Add tomato sauce, Rotel, crushed tomatoes, and seasonings. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add to pot, stirring to combine. Return lid and simmer 20 minutes.
- Mix water and corn starch. Stir into chili and simmer 10-15 more minutes.
- Serve with desired toppings.