Monday, January 21, 2013

Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken

This was recommended to me by a friend, Lindsey Spencer.  It is similar to the Alice Springs chicken I've made several times before, which is one of our favorite meals.  

The case:
Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken from Plain Chicken
Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless chicken breast
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • lemon pepper to taste
  • 4 Tbsp bacon, cooked and chopped (You may use Oscar Meyer bacon bits)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
  1. Combine honey, mustard, lemon juice and paprika.  Pour over chicken in a Zip Loc bag.  Refrigerate for a few hours.  
  2. Preheat oven to 375.
  3. Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish. Pour all of sauce over chicken.  Season chicken breasts with lemon pepper.  Bake for 20-25 minutes. 
  4. Top each chicken breast with 1 Tablespoon of bacon and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.  Continue to bake until cheese is starting to brown (about 10 minutes).

The ruling:
This was very good.  I loved the sauce!  I need to combine my favorite things about this recipe and the Alice Springs chicken recipe.  I especially want to add mushrooms, but I like the way this is cooked better.  The chicken is so flavorful and moist! And there is more sauce to pour over! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment