Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Weight Watchers Potato Casserole #37


This looked like the perfect side dish to go with my salmon for supper tonight. The serving size is 1 cup and each cup has 3 points, which is hard to believe. Oh well if that's what the recipe says I'm going to take its word for it. I got this recipe from dwlz.com.

The case:
Ingredients:
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 16 oz fat free sour cream
- 32 oz Ore Ida frozen hashbrowns
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup low fat cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Pam

Directions:
Spray 9 x 13 casserole dish with Pam. Mix all ingredients; pour into dish. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.


The ruling:
This was very good. I'm still shocked its 1 cup for three points. I left out the onion but did the rest word for word. The final product did need some salt, and I put it on broil for a couple of minutes at the end to put some color on top. The only real "diety" thing about it was that there was hardly any cheese, but is was still creamy and delicious. This could easily be served at a gathering and no one would realize its diet food. This is my new go-to, trying to eat healthy side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment