Baked Tacos (Adapted from Mom I'm Hungry)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef (or turkey/chicken)
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat free refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Taco sauce (as much as desired)
- Taco Shells
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain off any excess liquid. Return to pan, add chilies, refried beans, tomato sauce, sour cream, taco sauce, and taco seasoning. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Spoon the taco meat mixture into the taco shells and place into a baking dish, standing up. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the taco
meat in each shell. Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for
10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tacos are heated
Remove from the oven and top with any optional condiments for serving.
I really, really liked these. Michael felt they needed more spice, so next time I am going to double the taco seasoning.