Friday, November 9, 2012

Jiffy Corn Pudding

I found this recipe on Pinterest, but unfortunately the link was broken so I don't know who to give credit to.  Luckily, the directions were in the description. 

The case:
Ingredients:
  • 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 1 can cream corn
  • 1 can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 cup sour cream
Directions:
Mix together all ingredients, mixing in sour cream last.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.


The ruling:
No, this isn't very pretty, but it is the best corn dish I've ever had!  The tangyness of the sour cream with the richness of the butter with the sweetness of the corn is out of this world.  It's a very comforting dish, but also light at the same time.  And seriously, could it be easier to throw together?  I made 3 new dishes for dinner tonight and they were all home runs.  I'll post another one tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. I first had this at a family friend's Thanksgiving dinner. She got it out of the Splendor in the Bluegrass Cookbook by the Jr League of Louisville. It originally is a recipe from Frazier's restaurant in Louisville a popular place I dont think is still open. Thus it is Frazier's Corn Pudding

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this corn pudding so many times. It taste exactly like City BBQ's. I make a double batch and freeze it in several containers. It is so good with chili.

    ReplyDelete