Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baked Pork Chops

We are moved in.  I'm over morning sickness.  (Well, mostly) And the school year has started.  I've run out of cooking and blogging excuses.  My friends have said they are tired of seeing the coconut soup recipe on my blog.  I've tried several recipes over the past couple months, but have pretty much been lazy about posting.  Thanks for the patience.  I'm officially ready to get back in the swing of things!

I was discussing pork chop recipes with some friends the other night when I came upon this recipes on All Recipes.  It's very highly rated and baked.  We basically only grill pork chops, so I'm excited to try a recipe we can make all year around.  I bought a lot of pork chops on sale recently so you'll probably be seeing a lot of pork chop recipes in the near future.

The case:
Baked Pork Chops (Adapted from All Recipes)

Ingredients:
  • 6 1 inch thick pork chops
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 4 Tablespoons ketchup
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Mix together soy sauce, vegetable oil, Worcestershire, lemon juice, brown sugar, and ketchup.
  3. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  
  4. Place pork chops in baking dish and pour over half of marinade.
  5. Bake 30 minutes covered.
  6. Remove cover, flip pork chops, pour over additional sauce, and bake 20 more minutes.
  7. Broil 3-5 minutes, until sauce thickens.

The Ruling:
Yeah, this has great reviews, but I'm just not a big fan.  They were cooked well, but the flavor wasn't good.  Michael said it tasted like it came off a buffet.  Not 100% sure what that means, but it's not a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. One of our favorite ways to make pork is Pork Milanese....

    ReplyDelete