Angel Sugar Cookies from Pioneer Woman
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- 1 cup Canola Oil
- 2 sticks Butter, Softened
- 1 cup Sugar, Plus Extra For Sprinkling
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Plus 2 Tablespoons, All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together eggs, oil, butter, sugars, and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate dough one hour.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Smear a dab of butter all over the bottom of a glass, then dip the glass in granulated sugar. Use the glass to flatten each ball of dough, dipping again into the sugar each time. Repeat until all are flattened.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until cookies are just barely turning brown. Don’t overbrown!
- Allow to cool before eating. Cookies are ultra crumbly!
Angel Sugar Cookies Printable
These are some of the lightest, crispiest cookies I've ever had period. I love how thin they are, yet still chewy! I'm going to try to add icing tomorrow. What could be better?