Thursday, February 9, 2012

Angel Sugar Cookies

I'm determined to try all the recipes I want to try in Pioneer Woman's cookbook before her new cookbook comes out.  If you've read any other of my baking posts, you know one thing I hate to do is bake.  I don't have the patience to measure out everything perfectly, especially when I take the time and then my food is a disaster.  These things don't happen with cooking.  When you cook, you simply adjust flavor.  

The case:
Angel Sugar Cookies from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:
  • 2 whole Large Eggs
  • 1 cup Canola Oil
  • 2 sticks Butter, Softened
  • 1 cup Sugar, Plus Extra For Sprinkling
  • 1 cup Powdered Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 4 cups Plus 2 Tablespoons, All-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together eggs, oil, butter, sugars, and vanilla. 
  3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate dough one hour. 
  4. Using a cookie scoop, drop balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 
  5. Smear a dab of butter all over the bottom of a glass, then dip the glass in granulated sugar. Use the glass to flatten each ball of dough, dipping again into the sugar each time. Repeat until all are flattened. 
  6. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until cookies are just barely turning brown. Don’t overbrown! 
  7. Allow to cool before eating. Cookies are ultra crumbly! 


Angel Sugar Cookies Printable

The ruling:
These are some of the lightest, crispiest cookies I've ever had period.  I love how thin they are, yet still chewy!  I'm going to try to add icing tomorrow.  What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment