Saturday, January 15, 2011

Parmesan Chicken Wings #4

 I love wings.  Since Michael and I've been married, I've probably made at least a dozen wing recipes.  Not sure how Parmesan is going to be as the main ingredient, but this has good reviews on Food.com so I'm willing to try it.

The case:
Ingredients
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt, to taste
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
20 frozen chicken wings, & drummettes, unthawed
1/2 cup butter, melted ( 1 stick)

Directions
Combine first 6 ingredients (cheese through pepper).
Set the melted butter in a bowl and dip the chicken wing pieces first into the butter, then into the cheese mixture to coat.
Set on a foil lined baking sheet with edges.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 45 minutes or until fully cooked.
NOTE: To use raw chicken wings- you will need about 2 pounds of whole fresh wings, cut into 3 pieces each and discarding the wing tips.

The ruling:
I feel like these are really one-dimensional.  Not a huge fan.  I think a combo of Parmesan and Panko would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment