Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bourbon Chicken Wings #5

Continuing my search for a new wing to make for SuperBowl, I came across these on Food.com.  Bourbon chicken was one of the first recipes I made for this blog and still remains one of my favorites, so I thought I would give these a try.

The case:
Ingredients
16 frozen chicken wings
vegetable oil cooking spray
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup bourbon ( or apple juice)
2 tablespoons ketchup

Directions
Lightly coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Place frozen wings in a single layer in the prepared skillet.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour mixture evenly over chicken.
Cover and cook over medium heat 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside, turning wings often to prevent from sticking.


The ruling:
These were easy and good, but nothing spectacular.  I used the apple juice.  My search continues...

  • 16 frozen chicken wings

  • vegetable oil cooking spray

  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger

  • 1/4 cup soy sauce

  • 1/4 cup bourbon (or apple juice)

  • 2 tablespoons ketchup


  • 16 frozen chicken wings

  • vegetable oil cooking spray

  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger

  • 1/4 cup soy sauce

  • 1/4 cup bourbon (or apple juice)

  • 2 tablespoons ketchup

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment