Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup #2

This is my second attempt at making buffalo chicken wing soup.  The first time, before I ever started this blog, didn't turn out that great.  Then, I had a bowl this summer in Hilton Head at L Woods restaurant that was delicious.  That put me on a mission to find another one.  This recipe is similar to the one I made before, but I'm hoping it will still be the soup I'm looking for.

The case:

Ingredients:
6 cups milk
3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (use any flavor creamed soup you like chicken, mushroom, celery, etc I use 2 chicken and 1 celery, us)
3 cups cooked chicken (I use leftover chicken from rotisserie, grilled or baked chicken)
1 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup ranch dressing or 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup hot sauce, adjust to your taste

Directions:
Stove Top: Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook on stove until hot and flavors have blended. Stir often to dissolve everything and to keep from scorching on the bottom. At least 30 minutes.  Crock Pot: Follow same directions above using crock pot. Just put everything in, stir well to combine everything and then cook on low for 4 hours.  Adjust hot sauce to your liking and/or serve additional sauce on the side to allow each person to adjust their own bowl.  Garnish with an additional dollop of sour cream, ranch or blue cheese dressing/dip and a celery stick. Would also be good with some shredded cheese on top. If you want to stretch it to feed more try serving it over a scoop of white rice.


The ruling:
I made this on the stovetop.  I used several different ingredients because of what I had on hand and also to suit my tastes.  It was easier to put my version below than to explain all the changes.  I also made Trisha Yearwood's cheese biscuits to serve with this.   This soup is wonderful!  It you like buffalo wings, I would suggest trying this right away!  Having the cheese biscuits to dip in the soup just made it that much more wonderful. 

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups milk
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 4-5 cups shredded chicken
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 2 cans cream of chicken
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom
  • 1 cup light sour cream
  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
  • 1/2 cup chicken wing sauce
Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients into a pot on medium high heat.  Bring down to a simmer after mixture starts to boil.  Cook on low-low medium for 30 minutes or until all ingredients are combined well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment