Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Starting Fresh in 2014

I've decided to start fresh on Lori's Test Kitchen in 2014.  I  definitely want to start blogging about food again, but I also want to share in other areas of my life.

I love the holiday season.  I've always loved it, but now with a 2 year old and 1 year old,  it's magical on a whole new level.  I'm always a bit sad but also relieved when all our Christmas  festivities are over with.  I also love New Years.  I love getting a fresh start, a chance to live life the way I want to live.  I have some major goals for 2014 and I hope to keep myself accountable on here.

The first and I would argue most important goal is to get organized.  This has been my goal, I'd say, for the last 6 years, ever since I got married.  

My first step for getting organized this year is going to be getting rid of clutter.  It's amazing the tiny apartment I lived in before I got married.  All my stuff somehow fit in there.  And now?  I have no idea where all this stuff came from.  One of my problems is as I get new decor, I've had a problem getting rid of the old stuff.  What if I decide I want to use it again?  With Pinterest you never know what you might need to use again!  I just hate to waste, and I preach reduce, reuse, and recycle.  But one thing I've learned is clutter can kill.  I want my house to be my "sanctuary" as Oprah would say.  This is the year, I'm finally letting go!

The second step is the actual organization.  My favorite organization blog is A Bowl Full of Lemons.  Every time I get on there, I get lost in new ideas to organize every area of my house.  Well this year, I'm going to start room by room and get things done.  When I think of everything I need to get organized, I become overwhelmed.  That's what I love about A Bowl Full of Lemons.  She shows how to choose one room or one area a week and concentrate on it.

Organization is definitely not an overnight goal.  It's a long process to get there.  And then constant work to stay there, but I'm up to the task.  I hope you enjoy coming along for the ride.  My week one goal is a home binder!

I'll be sharing more goals in the next fews weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, struggle with organization. I will have to go check this blog out and try not to get too overwhelmed! Good luck! I am glad to see you back blogging!

    Happy 2014!

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete