Monterey Chicken adapted slightly from The Recipe Critic
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 slices thick bacon, crumbled
- Barbecue sauce
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt together. I cut my chicken breasts in half making them tenders. Marinate your chicken breasts in this sauce for at least an hour but can be marinated overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I poured a little of the sauce along the bottom of the pan and placed the chicken on top. I covered with aluminum foil and cooked for about 30 minutes. Make sure center is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- While chicken is cooking, fry up the bacon and set aside.
- When chicken is cooked, spread with barbecue sauce (, top with bacon and cheese. Put back in oven and broil until chicken in bubbly.
I absolutely loved this chicken. It is so simple to make! I only marinated the chicken for an hour. I'm sure it would have been even better if it would have been marinated longer. I dumped the whole zip loc bag of chicken and sauce in a foil lined 9 x 13. I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. The hardest part was frying the bacon. Make sure to spoon some of the sauce over the chicken before serving.
Rating: 5 Stars
Make again? Yes!