Friday, December 16, 2011

Crockpot Potato Soup

My new obsession, Pinterest, is supplying a lot of my new recipes these days. This potato soup is no exception.  I'm a little apprehensive about using frozen hashbrowns in a soup, but never know till you try.  This could be an economical meal for a family. 

The case:

Ingredients:
1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash brown
3 14oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of mushroom
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 pkg. cream cheese (I used low fat)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar (freshly shredded please)

Directions:
In a crockpot, dump everything except the cream cheese and cheddar cheese.  Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat.  About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and cheddar.  Cook about 30 more minutes, stirring frequently.  Serve with extra sprinkling of cheddar and sour cream if desired.

The ruling:
So the truth is, I've already made this a couple of times, which already shows you how much I like it.  I've included my additions/modifications in the recipe above.  It's perfect for warming you up on a chilly day!  Modifications can be easily made to this base to suit your own taste buds.  I think I'm going to try it with some Rotel and pepperjack cheese next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment