Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hot Pizza Dip #7

The whole reason I chose appetizers as my February category was because of the Super Bowl.  Little did I know how sick I would be.  I haven't been off the couch or bed in 3 days, but I managed to make a couple of dips.  This is the first one.  It came from All Recipes.

The case:

Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup pizza sauce
2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
2 ounces pepperoni sausage, chopped
2 tablespoons sliced black olives

Directions
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, oregano, parsley, and basil.
Spread mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate, or a shallow microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture. Spread the pizza sauce over all. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, then top with green pepper, pepperoni and olive slices. Cover, and microwave for 5 minutes. Serve hot.


The ruling:
I just used regular pepperoni on top.  I also did make this the day before after reading many reviewers say that enhanced the flavor.  This was good.  Everyone liked it.  I just served it with regular tortilla chips, but I think it would be better with bagel chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment