Thursday, June 11, 2015

Zucchini Pizza Boats

I love summer!!!  I'm a teacher so the main reason is obvious, but I also love having fresh food from the garden and farmer's market.  We're already getting an abundance of zucchini.  Now, I've got to find some new recipes! There are only so many times I can eat grilled or roasted zucchini.  Naturally, I went straight to Pinterest.  I've got several recipes to try including zucchini noodles!!! Stay tuned!!  But the first one I've decided to try are Zucchini Pizza Boats from Cooking Classy, which is one of my new favorite blogs!

The case:

Zucchini Pizza Boats from Cooking Classy
Ingredients:
  • 6 small zucchini
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic finely minced
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 cup marinara
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
  • 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup mini pepperoni slices
  • 2 Tbsp fresh oregano
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise so it lays fat. 
  3. Pat inside with paper towels.  (Cut side)  Mix olive oil and garlic.  Brush over open side of zucchini.
  4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  5. Brush 1 Tbsp marinara on each slice.
  6. Sprinkle with mozzarella and then Parmesan.
  7. Place pepperoni slices in middle so they won't slide off when cheese melts.
  8. Bake 12 -18 minutes depending on thickness.
  9. Sprinkle with oregano.

The ruling:
Such a good alternative to actual pizza!  I am so excited to keep getting zucchini out of the garden so I can keep making this!  One of the best things is this recipe will be easy to make into 1 serving!!!
Rating: 5 stars
Make again? Definitely

2 comments:

  1. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it when people get together and share views. Great website, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete