Monday, September 26, 2011

7-Up Biscuits #33

I love, love, love the food blog Plain Chicken.  I bet I could print off at least 50 recipes I would like to try.  If you haven't visited yet, you should give it a look.  I have tried making a couple of made-from-scratch biscuits to horrible results.  Yes that's right- horrible! When I saw the simple list of ingredients and easy directions, I knew I had to try these, especially since Plain Chicken said these just might be the best she has ever made.

The case:
Ingredients:
2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450.
Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough.
Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan.  Use a biscuit cutter to cut 9 biscuits.  Place cut biscuits in pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.


 
The ruling:
I've found it!  This is a biscuit recipe I love.  I still want to learn to make a classic, southern buttermilk type, but I would still make these either way!  I can't believe there are only 4 ingredients in these.  We're trying to eat more all natural/less processed foods, but Bisquick is one thing that I just can't give up.  These biscuits are light and fluffy and the sour cream gives them a surprising tang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment